Employment and Career Readiness Services – Access to Recovery and Recovery Navigation Program provider
I have a Master of Science degree in Counseling with focus on Marriage & Family Therapy, and more than 15 years of experience providing employment/career counseling to individuals from various backgrounds. I am available to meet with clients in my office (in Troutdale) or any other public space (in SE Portland — generally, east of 122nd Ave and north of Powell Blvd) with internet access.
My activities with my clients are directed toward improving and maintaining employment. Services include skills assessment and development, job coaching, career exploration or placement, job shadowing or internships, resume writing, interviewing skills, and job retention skills. Other services included training in a specific skill or trade to assist individuals to prepare for, find, and obtain competitive employment such as skills training, technical skills, vocational assessment, and job referral.
- Assessment and development of customer’s employment readiness needs
- Review of customer’s previous work history, education, trainings and vocational skills
- Identification of potential barriers to employment, i.e. physical or mental limitations and social adjustment problems
- Attitude and motivation to work
- Personal appearance and interpersonal abilities
- If short term training is necessary, providing guidance about where and how to obtain appropriate training and financial resources
- Help with resume creation or evaluation of customer’s existing resume and cover letter
- Assistance with teaching of interviewing skills and providing opportunities for mock interviews
- Assistance with job search activities – providing various job search resources
- Assistance with filling out job applications